Thursday, May 14, 2015

My Perfect Washcloth

I love this washcloth because it is very pliable, easy to make and diverse.  You can make it as big or as small as you want it to be!

I used Peaches & Creme Cotton, but any cotton yarn will work fine.  Cotton is perfect for washcloths, dishcloths or anything that needs to be able to absorb water.  I reluctantly used a dishcloth my mother made many many years ago and much to my surprise, I loved it.

H or I hook
Peaches & Creme or your preferred cotton yarn

1.  Chain 31, work single crochet across to other end, chain 1 and turn
2.  Alternate FLO and BLO single crochet stitches across.


Finished washcloth --


This is the same washcloth as above using a bigger J hook and different colored yarn.

Washcloth #2

1.  Chain 26, beginning in  second chain from hook, SC 25 stitches to the end, chain two, turn.
2.  DC in each SC across to end.  Chain one, turn.
3.  SC, FLO in the next 25 stitches, chain two, turn.

Repeat steps 2 and 3 to the desired length.




Washcloth #3

Again, using Peaches & Creme Cotton, H Hook.

I chained 26 and then alternated the following --

Two rows of DC, one row of SC. -- to desired size



Washcloth #4

Peaches & Creme Cotton, J Hook

Two rows on either end HDC and all rows in between SC.


No comments:

Post a Comment