Saturday, April 11, 2015

Crochet Hat for My Mom (a.k.a. Granny Hat) by Stitch of Love

Hat for my Mom Pattern  <---------FREE Pattern here!



What I can tell you about this pattern so far is that it seems to be very forgiving and so so so easy that you won't need much forgiveness!  The pattern calls for 100% cotton yarn; however, I am using Red Heart Super Saver Solids with an H hook and it seems to working up exactly like the 3.25 hook with cotton yarn.  I will say I am a tight crocheter....no loosey goosey stitches for me!   This pattern is so easy that is is easily adjusted to whatever size you need it to be and therein lies the ultra excellence of the pattern.

I ended up adding two extra rows of shell stitching for the body of the hat and it fit perfect in every way.  I also switched to a E hook to add the reverse SC (Crab Stitching) finishing edge and I love it.  I have not decided if I will add the flower or not because it looks so good as it is and I'm not sure if my girls would fully appreciate the flower or not.  :)



Flower for Hat -- Pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment