Saturday, April 11, 2015

Glori-Jam Hat

Glori-Jam Hat  <-------click link for free pattern on ravelry.com

I love this hat!  It is most awesome but I found that it works up very small in accordance to the pattern.  Yes, I am a tight crocheter, but the first hat I made I ended up leaving the flower off to gift to my 7 year old grandson.  That is how small is worked up.  Still beautiful, elegant and certainly worth an attempt at adjusting to fit my big ole fat adult head!  So with that being said, here are the changes I made so that this hat would fit me and my adult daughters.



Finished adult sized hat with modifications below.


I added an extra layer to the flower using L Hook

Reverse SC (Crab Stitch) Edging



Small hat from original pattern large hat is with modifications.
 This will be ideal for my adult daughter and my grandson for a mommy and me hat!  :)

Link for pattern is above -- Glori-Jam hat on ravelry.com and it is a free pattern!  Awesome hat I think you will love!



My personal Modifications:  
I made the crown region (rounds 1-4) using Size L hook. I switched down to a size K hook at level 5 mainly because I like my K hook better and I felt I had bulked the crown area to a size the would sufficiently fit an adult head. 
After row 10 I added 4 rows of alternating FP/BPDC. I switched down to J hook for trim and only added two rows of trim because I added 4 additional rows of FP/BPDC earlier. I will only add two next time.
Made the brim and then added crab stitch edging to finish it off. Next time I will do the crab stitching in the main cap color if I do more than one color.
With the adjustments, this hat fits me well. The looser stitch with the larger hook adds stretchiness to it which will also allow my 11 year old granddaughter to wear it or my adult daughters! Love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment